Thursday 3 January 2013

[Review] Skinfood Omija Whitening Serum


Skinfood is a Korean cosmetic brand that is quite popular because all their products are supposed to contain some kind of food extract (mainly fruits and vegetables). You can find entire lines that are dedicated to a single "star" ingredient (such as the tomato line, the mushroom line, the red orange line...etc). They have a really cute packaging and their prices are also alright! (especially in Korea). Moreover, you can get their products off ebay for decent prices too. 




I picked this serum because of its ingredients. It has niacinamide, sodium ascorbyl phosphate (a form of vitamin c), mulberry extract and licorice. It also has some other beneficial ingredients such as arginine, ceramide 3, allantoin, black willow, chamomille and lactobacillus. The only downside is that this has some alcohol and some fragrance, but they are listed at the very bottom of the ingredients' list, so the quantities are probably minimal.






I really like the texture of this serum. it's lighweight and you only need one plump for your whole face and neck. It has a slighty fragrance that is quite pleasant and it absorbs rather quickly. I have been using it everyday for 5 months and I still have more than half of the product left! I think this is a very good investment, since it lasts forever and one bottle (50ml) just costs around $20.

Results: I have seen that my dark spots are slighty fading. However, I have been using more products other than this and I believe the whole use of all these products is what has helped me to achieve a better complexion. 


Would I recommend it? Absolutely yes, especially if you have combination or oily skin. The serum has a really nice texture and it is not sticky at all. Plus, I think using this along with other skin lightening products helps you achieve a clearer skin! (remember that you can't rely on a single product. You have to combine different products so you get the best from different ingredients).


Overall rate: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment