Monday 21 January 2013

[Review] Baviphat Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack


I bought this last year because I wanted to try Korean sleeping masks and this is probably one of the most popular ones. It claims to brighten skin while you are sleeping and to even out skin tone when used regularly. 

I couldn't find the complete list of ingredients nowhere, but apparently this contains lemon extract, which is a source of vitamin C, and arbutin, a whitening ingredient derived from plants like bearberries. This sounded really promising and I couldn't wait to try this. 


How it looks like

This comes in a cute lemon-shaped packaging. The product itself is a light yellow-colored gel that has a strong smell of lemon biscuits. It comes with a spatula, so this is rather hygienic! And you don't need to apply a lot (otherwise if would feel sticky on the skin). 

Usually I apply this at night, on my face, neck and underarms. If I use this on my face, I usually don't apply other products. 


Results

I used this every other night for 2-3 months before I ran out of this product. Usually, i used this twice a week for a quick treatment. You are not supposed to use sleeping packs every day, they are more like a weekly treatment. 

Did I see any results? Sadly no. When I woke up the day after my skin looked the same. I couldn't see any brightening or improving on my skin tone. 

Would I recommend it? No. I would say skip this and get a whitening serum instead. It will be more effective. 

Overall rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment