Friday 25 January 2013

[Review] Naruko Raw Job's Tears Whitening Morning Yogurt


Naruko has become of my favorite skincare brands. They use state-of-the-art ingredients, they have superior formulations and the best is that their prices are affordable. What is not to love? 

They have several lines: Raw Job's Tears (whitening), Apple Seed and Tranexamic Acid (dull skin), Rose Fungus (dry skin), Tea Tree (troubled skin), Lupin (wrinkles), Narcissus (fine lines)... etc. 

I have used products from the Raw Job's Tears and the Apple Seed line and I have to say, gotta love them all!

This is my current moisturizer. I like it because it is very lightweight (meaning, no clogged pores!) and because it has whitening properties. This was around $23 off ebay, which is a really good price considering what you get. 

About the ingredients: this contains several whitening ingredients, such as licorice, tranexamic acid, alpha-arbutin, ethyl ascorbic acid and lactic acid. It also has some other beneficial ingredients, like green tea, retinol, peptides, yogurt powder, gingko, grape extract and jojoba. I think it is a very good formulation for a moisturizer (if not the best formulation I've ever seen!). It's hard to find a moisturizer that has so many good ingredients. Also, they don't use alcohol or a heavy amount of silicones, so there's no risk for irritation or break-outs!

And the texture is superior. 


 


I have been using this for 4 months now and I have to say, I am very happy I bought this. Prior to this, I was using heavy moisturizers that I suspect that were clogging my pores. But most Naruko products come in gel form and are very light. They also absorb really quick and don't leave your skin with a sticky feel. 

Also, I have noticed that my acne scars and my hyperpigmentation don't look as obvious now. I think it's thanks to the skincare regimen I'm following now. You should use this with a serum for better results (I have been using Skinfood Omija Whitening Serum. See my review here) and stay away from the sun as much as possible (and use a sunblock with a high SPF).

To sum up:

PROS: brilliant formula, helps lighten skin, light texture, non comedogenic, non pore-clogging, affordable price. 

CONS: None. Well... you have to purchase this online if you don't live in Taiwan :/

Would I repurchase? Yes, yes and definetly yes! This has become my HG moisturizer and I hope Naruko never discontinues it!

Overall rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment