Thursday 3 January 2013

Getting rid of old acne scars

I have been wanting to get rid of my old acne scars and my overall uneven skin complexion for a long time now. I never suffered from stubborn acne, just some ocasional pimples that always left some red scarring behind. My skin is quite sensitive and it scars easily, and even if I use makeup you can still see I have some redness behind. Even after some months, you could still see my scars quite clearly. I find that quite embarrassing. I just wanna be able to go outside with my bare face and feel confident. That's why I started a skin lightening regimen 2 years ago. With this regimen, I'm trying to even out my skin tone of my face

I think the most important thing for getting rid of scarring is following these simple rules:


1) Staying away from the sun (as much as possible). I mean, I have been avoiding the sun for 5 years now... and I live in a pretty warm country. 


2) Using a reliable sunscreen (SPF 30 or more) everyday. Even if it's cloudy/raining. Doesn't matter. UVA rays can still reach your skin and damage it. But not all sunscreens work, since some of them fail to provide enough UVA protection. We will discuss sunscreens later.


3) Getting products that work. Just don't get fooled by advertisements. When choosing a skin care product, I always look at the ingredients list, and based on that, I can judge if the product is gonna work or not. 


4) Get some powerful serum. You should get a serum that combines, at least, 2 or 3 of these proven skin-lightening ingredients: vitamin-c (ascorbic acid) arbutin, alpha-arbutin, licorice, niacinamide (vitamin B3), gigawhite, kojic acid, mulberry extract, bearberry, glutathione, retinol... etc.


5) Prevent breakouts. I use a salicylic acid peel to help keeping my skin clear.


6) Avoid harsh products that contain substances such as sodium lauryl sulfate, alcohol, menthol, fragrance, essential oils and any other potential skin irritant. They only make your face worse and more red. 



So, following these simple rules should help at least to start getting results. I will post my current regime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment