Thursday 10 January 2013

[Review] ElishaCoy Gold Mineral BB Cream


This BB cream comes in two sizes. The regular size (50ml) and the travel size (15ml). I got the travel size since the regular size is rather expensive (it costs around $30) while the small one costs around $8. Also, I didn't want to get the full size since I have had some bad experiences with some BB creams in the past that made me break out (Missha Perfect Cover, I'm looking at you!!) and I wanted to be sure the BB cream was fine with my skin before getting the full size. Well, I have to say I might get the full size in the future. This has become one of my favorite BB creams ;)

I picked this BB cream for various reasons. First because I was curious about this brand and I wanted to try their products. Second, this has a high SPF rating (SPF45PA+++) with whitening and anti-wrinkle properties. And third (and most important reason): because of the ingredients! I have never seen a BB cream that has so many beneficial ingredients in one bottle!


The most outstanding ingredients are titanium and zinc oxides (very reliable sunscreens), arbutin (whitening properties), sodium hyaluronate (moisturizer), vitamin e (antioxidant), adenosine (anti-inflammatory), hydrolyzed collagen (moisturizer), royal jelly extract (healing), lysine, arginine, aspartic acid, proline, alanine (all moisturizers), methionine (antioxidant), Japanese camellia (skin conditioning), purslane (antioxidant) and Cornelian cherry (skin conditoning). And, as the name suggests, this also has some amount of gold, which as far as I know it is used as a pigment, so it doesn't have any extraordinary properties. But I guess naming something with "gold" makes it more attractive to customers. 


So as you can see this has a good amount of moisturizing and antioxidant ingredients, something that makes this BB cream a good value for protecting your skin and keeping it healthy and moisturized. It is also non comedogenic and has some anti-inflammatory ingredients for preventing skin irritation. 





When you first squeeze this BB cream, you notice the color. Now, most BB creams have this unflattering grey or pinkish undertone that I'm not a big fan of. But Premium Gold has a rather beautiful, flattering beige undertone, which was a relief. If something, I would say it is a bit yellow undertoned, but just a bit. The color might look a bit pale, but it oxidises quite fast so it looks really natural on your skin.Mostly is just a beige tone that I think would suit most skin tones between N15-25. The texture is more fluid than other BB creams (think of the thickness of Skin79 BB creams!). Not too thick but not too runny at the same time. It spreads easily and you just need a tiny amount for your whole face.  I also like the fact that this has a dewy finish rather than a matte one, but in a very subtle way, so your face doesn't look oily or anything like that. This has a rather pleasant smell which it is not overpowering, so I don't have any complains.

The only downside is that if you use this BB cream alone the staying power is not that great (maybe just 3-4 hours). So you need to set this with a good loose powder  (I use my beloved Palgantong Theatrical Powder for this).


Overall, I would recommend this BB cream, especially for those individuals that have normal to dry skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment