Thursday 28 February 2013

[Review] Revlon Colorstay Foundation

I've been using this foundation for almost a year now, so I think it is about time to make a review.



I got this in the Normal to Dry skin version, since the Normal to Oily version contains a high amount of alcohol. Also, the smell of this one is not as strong as the Normal/Oily version.

The color I got is 110 Ivory. Previously to this I used Buff, which also seems to fit me. The problem is, Ivory is too much pink undertoned and Buff is too much yellow undertoned. I wish Revlon made more neutral undertones for their foundations. But since you have to blend them a lot, it doesn't really  matter as the undertone is not as obvious when it's on your skin. 



One thing that really bothers me about this foundation is that it comes without a pump! Seriously, I dunno what Revlon people were thinking when they came out with this, but this is really annoying since the lack of a pump doesn't give you any kind of control about how much product you are pouring, and because of this I tend to pour way too much. So I always end up wasting too much product. I know that in Japan they sell this foundation with a pump (as far as I know, the only place where they do that) and I wonder when Revlon will start making their Colorstay foundation with a pump for the rest of the world, lol. 



The color itself is a beige with some slighty pink-peached undertone. It looks a bit dark at first but when you blend it, it looks really natural. 


Blended.


This foundation has a medium coverage that can be build up to get a full coverage. Usually, it takes 2-3 layers to achieve that. It has a matte finish and even if you do not set it with loose powder, it has a really long stay power on the skin, which is what I really like this foundation.

I don't really like wearing heavy coverage, and usually I prefer to wear BB cream or some tinted moisturizer, but when I have an special event then I like to use Revlon's foundations since they give me the best coverage and staying power. And on top of that, they are affordable!

Would I buy it again? Yes, in fact, this is the second tube I'm using.

3 comments:

  1. what's up with Revlon and no pumps o_O haha anyways, this foundation sounds awesome (i haven't used it yet but i just picked up their nearly naked foundation today!).. great review :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3
      How did you like Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation?? I was thinking of buying it too :))

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about getting the nearly naked too but for now I'm happy with colorstay and I'm not sure I'd like anything with less coverage than colorstay.. btw, have you tried PS Beauty it's a website with a foundation finder I have just tried.. Seems really cool and the recommendations are accurate so maybe give it a go too:)

    ReplyDelete