Saturday 2 February 2013

[Review] Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter

Since they were released in Spring 2011, Revlon's lipbutters have proven to be extremely popular and raved by all the beauty community. I have to admit I fell in love with the packaging and the beautiful color range so I couldn't wait to try them too!

I got this in Raspberry Pie, Cherry Tart, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait and Crème Bulée.






From left to right: Raspberry Pie, Cherry Tart, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait and Crème Bulée.



They come in a very luxurious packaging that actually shows you the color you are getting. These glide on easily and have a very sheer color that can be build up until you get the coverage you like. They are quite moisturizing and they feel great on the lips. If I remember well, they are around $7 each, which is a very good price for such a good quality product. 




Raspberry Pie is a gorgeous deep berry color. This is actually quite pigmented and one of my favorites!

Cherry Tart is a red hue with a subtle shimmer that looks really flattering on lips. This is my second favorite. 

Tutti Frutti is a bright orange that looks scary at first but is actually quite sheer and looks really pretty. 

Peach Parfait is a soft pink-orange-y color. It is very sheer and it has a lot of glitter which, unfortunately, can feel gritty on lips.

Crème Bulée is a very very sheer beige color that needs at least three coats to show off. It's my least favorite since it is the less pigmented lipbutter I own.






Overall, my favorite colors are Raspberry Pie, Tutti Frutti and Cherry Tart. They are the most pigmented and just look gorgeous with any look!


PROS:

-Moisturizing, sheer lip balm.
-Colors can be build up.
-Beautiful color range.
-Good price.

CONS: 

-You have to reapply every 2-3 hours since they don't last a lot on lips.
-Some colors have way too much glitter.


Would you repurchase? Yes! I plan on getting more! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment