Friday 15 February 2013

[Review] Naruko Apple Seed & Tranexamic Acid Night Gelly


Naruko is a brand that never fails to impress me. Their products are very gentle on skin yet efective; almost all their products have whitening properties (among other good ingredients such as antioxidants); they try to avoid harmful ingredients as much as they can, and, still, they keep very reasonable prices with their products!


I bought this five months ago because I was in need of some whitening night treatment. I was so impressed when I saw the list of ingredients that I had to order this on ebay!


This is the list of ingredients. The whitening ingredients are highlighted:


Tranexamic Acid 3%, Purified Water (Aqua), Apple Seed Extract, Phytoferulin® [Kalanchoe Spathulata Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Scutellaria Alpina Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Peucedanum Ostruthium Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Artemisia Umbelliformis Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, Epilobium Fleischeri Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract], Snow Fungus (Tremella Funciformis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alpha-Arbutin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Saccharide Isomerate, Phragmites Kharka Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Jojoba Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Galactoarabinan, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sclerotium Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Essential Oils of Lavender, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis)


So, as you can see, this has 6 whitening ingredients! Alpha-arbutin is particularly one of the best whitening ingredients, along with licorice. Tranexamic acid is supposed to have some whitening properties too, but I haven't heard a lot about this ingredient yet. 


This has a tiny amount of alcohol and lavender, so they shouldn't suppose any concern for the skin. 



So, what is a night gelly?




If you are familiar with Korean sleeping packs, you probably know they are a product in gel type that you are supposed to massage into your skin before going to sleep, and it has to be rinsed off the following morning. I think night gellies are exactly the same: they have a similar texture and a similar finish: they never sink into your skin, they just set as if they were a mask. They usually have moisturizing, smoothing and whitening properties, and they can improve skin with constant use. 



Texture: it's a gel type and very runny. A little goes a long way, so this gelly can last for months. 


Smell: it smells kinda botanical and medicinal at the same time... it's a bit strong at first but fades away fast. Naruko believes in aromatherapy, and adds essential oils to most of their products. In my humble opinion, I would enjoy the products more if they were fragance-free (I just don't like having fragrance on my face). 

Performance: This is supposed to whiten/brighten your skin with constant use. However, I haven't been very constant with this (I'm using too many products at the same time) so I only use it once or twice a week. I have seen an improvement in my overall skin tone, but I believe it is due to my overall use of whitening skin care ;)


Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes. 


Overall rate: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment