Wednesday 17 April 2013

I just started Retin-A

I started using Retin-A 0.025% on April 1st. So far, I have not had any initial purge or the massive redness people often get. I think it is because I'm using the weakest strength and because I use it very sparingly. 

The only reactions I have seen is that my skin is a bit flaky (especially on the sides) and that my skin looks a bit pink when I wake up in the mornings. 

How do I use it? Every three nights, after cleansing and washing my face I apply some light serum or moisturizer. Then I wait one hour or so and I apply one pea size (never more than that) and I dot it on my cheeks, forehead and chin (I avoid the nose and around the mouth). Then I go to bed and I wake up with somehow better skin (for real). I plan to use this for 6 months and see if I see a decrease in the number of breakouts I get. Then I plan on getting the next strength and see if I can build up a tolerance. 

I plan on update my progress on Retin-A!


Update 1 (30/04): This is seriously amazing stuff... after one month my acne has cleared up completely! I still haven't experienced the purge stage (which I'm scared of). The only downside is that my skin is sometimes extremely flaky and I can't cover that with anything. Even wearing sunscreen makes my flakiness too obvious... I guess that after some time my skin will get used to Retin-A and the flaking will stop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment